cPanel has introduced a new structure of prices and tiers and is moving away from the unlimited flat-rate model they have followed for almost 20 years. This shortly after being acquired by Oakley Capital, which also owns Plesk and SolusVM. They have also significantly reduced the reseller discount they give hosting companies like us.
These changes, of course, is something that we do not agree with, due to the increase in cost to our customers, but also, because the previous reseller discounts could cover the cost of technical support we provide to our loyal clients for their cPanel installations. Now, it doesn't.The new pricing structure is as follows:
- cPanel, up to 5 accounts, is now $20/mo.
- From 6 to 30 accounts, is now $30/mo.
- From 50 to 100 accounts, it is now $45/mo.
- Above 100 accounts, it is $45/mo plus 20 cents for each additional account.
These prices above are for virtual servers. All dedicated server/bere metal clients with cPanel begin at the 100 account level.
This pricing will take effect on September 1st, 2019. There is a possibility, however, that cPanel may modify these prices again due to the negative feedback they are receiving. We will keep you up to date.
As always, the team at ServerPoint works hard to provide you with the best service possible. We thank you for being a loyal client and for trusting our company for more than 20 years!
- All new VMs are now running on KVM virtualization; faster than ever before!
- Now, most of our virtual servers have double the CPU power of our competitors! Read about it in our blog!
- Great sale on virtual server prices with 16GBs of RAM or more! Upgrade today! Take a look at our pricing page for more details!
- Did you see our new status page? Take a look and be sure to bookmark it!
- Have you seen our new Client Portal, version 5? Not yet? Then take a look at our blog and make sure to try it out! We are confident you will love it!
- How about our new backup plans? It is important that you enable our backup feature in your virtual servers. Read more about it in our blog!