You are creating your new app or website; you want it to be popular and grow. You will of course need servers, which need a network, OS management, patch management, Internet uplinks, DDoS protection, distributed NoSQL databases, and.... etc., etc.
The physical aspect of running an infrastructure is no pie in the sky From selecting a data center facility, doing a physical installation, managing parts and servers that fail, constant technological upgrades, managing a private and public network, as well as BGP peering, etc., can be quite overwhelming. Trust me; I've been doing this for over 20 years. I wouldn't wish it on anyone...
In the old days, you truly had to go through all of that. But nowadays, you can just hire all that infrastructure and human expertise for a relatively affordable price.
When you choose virtualization (or "cloud" as we call it nowadays), or a dedicated infrastructure (also known nowadays as "private cloud" or "bare metal servers") and you pay a monthly fee for it, that is infrastructure as a service.
With it, you get all of the following (which means you avoid doing it yourself):
- An internal private network capable of handling terabits per second of data; we already went through the trouble of setting that up, evaluating it and testing it.
- A public network made up of dozens of BGP peers; we already went through the trouble of setting those up, evaluating the providers, testing them and signing the contracts.
- The physical design of racks, servers, wiring and power; we already went through the trouble of designing that, building it and making it work.
- When things break... well, we are prepared. We have parts and full servers in stock.
- Automated operating system installs; this avoids you a lot of trouble.
- And 24/7 access to staff that can fix just about anything.
The headaches you avoid by just hiring us to do all this dirty work is priceless.
We set it up and you simply use it.
Call us. No matter how big it is, we can accommodate it.